Gentle Whispers



Too often I seek God in a family calendar laden with good things...





Or try to solicit His blessings amidst the busyness of meeting my own goals...





Or search for His approval as an afterthought to my self-directed efforts.





He knows my heart. He knows my ways. They are not enough.


Only I am sufficient,” He whispers, gently.









For grace to be still and listen,
Lisa


~~~


The Lord said,
‘Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord,
for the Lord is about to pass by.’

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart
and shattered the rocks before the Lord,
but the Lord was not in the wind.

After the wind there was an earthquake,
but the Lord was not in the earthquake.

After the earthquake came a fire,
but the Lord was not in the fire.

And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

Elijah covered his face, went out,
and stood at the mouth of the cave…”

1 Kings 19.11-13 (NIV)






.