How Big Are Your Monsters? {slog edition}


Young Lady was listening to a song recently and nodded understandingly at the opening lines:

I don’t have monsters in my closet
They don’t live under my bed…


~ from “My Superhero”
@ 2005, Keith Stacey Rowe

“Of course the monsters don’t live under my bed,” she said. “They’re too big to fit!”


Interesting question, isn’t it ~ how big are our monsters?

Just as importantly ~ do we believe our God is even bigger?

Following is Keith's song in its entirety. No matter the size of monsters you're currently facing, may you find encouragement in the reminder of the Ultimate Superhero who gave his life to call you his own.


MY SUPERHERO



@ 2005, Keith Stacey Rowe
Written and performed by Keith Stacey Rowe
All rights reserved. Used with permission.

I don't have monsters in my closet
They don't live down under my bed
They grow right here, in my heart
And my sins keep them watered and fed

I need a little more help
Not the Batman kind
A little more love
Than Spiderman provides
My decoder ring ain't gonna work this time

But I know who to call

My superhero doesn't ride a red cape
My superhero doesn't plan out escapes
He's right here inside of me
I call Him out every day

My superhero is the Great I Am
My superhero is the Son of Man
And evil turn tail and run
At the sound of His name

And if it's not clear by now
My superhero is Jesus

He give me love
He give me spark
He take me and my sin apart
He got supernatural
To bring me out of my dark

My superhero doesn't ride a red cape
My superhero doesn't plan out escapes
He's right here inside of me
I call Him out every day

My superhero is the Great I Am
My superhero is the Son of Man
And evil turn tail and run
At the sound of His name

And if it's not clear by now
My superhero is Jesus








.